28th January 2019
After talking to about 10 companies, from very small to very large, we decided to build our beach house with Stylish Homes. We choose them for many reasons, the key ingredients were:
- Lots of experience in building homes locally
- Very very good feedback from long time locals recommending them
- Very easy/relaxed/friendly to communicate with Rex, Troy and Teresa.
- Ability to talk financially in our language, not some builders slang Working towards meeting our budget AND being realistic and open about build related costs that are not included in their pricing
- Full of relevant ideas and useful feedback, which made the design phase a piece of cake
The design phase was a joy. We had a detailed set of requirements and some homemade floorplans. Rex gave very valuable input on small changes but also on big changes. My recommendation would be to very carefully listen to his advice.
The build was a very pleasant phase. Since Rex advised us during the design phase we needed almost no changes to the plan. The few changes we did want were easily accommodated. Keep in mind that a change almost always does cost money, so spent time reviewing the architect plans meticulously.
We did not stay in budget, which was due to ourselves. Upgrading joinery, bathroom tiles, tapware etc. was money well spent, but did cost more than the standard showroom outfit.
Timing worked out well. Whenever Stylish Homes can they try to speed up the build. But keep in mind the weather can have a major impact. Also make sure you communicate what your preferred timelines are, our rental was ending without an option to extend, so that had a big impact.
All together building our house with Stylish Homes was easy as. We would do it all over again.
No worries, no sleepless nights, no fuss. Only a zillion choices to make but that was fun.
Anthoinet Top and Erwin Veer